Get the inside scoop with Straight Talk, a blog brought to you by AQHA Director of Shows and Professional Horsemen Patti Carter.
As the AQHA director of shows and professional horsemen, Patti Carter's mission at AQHA is to find more and better ways to improve AQHA members’ experiences with their American Quarter Horses. With that in mind, she wants to keep show managers, exhibitors, trainers and judges in the know, plus hear their feedback on new programs and changes they would like to see in the industry.
To keep the communication lines open, in March 2012 Patti started a blog, named Straight Talk. She also rolled out a video version of Straight Talk in October 2012.
Editor's note: Effective April 3, 2013, the Intermediate and Progressive levels of the new leveling program will be temporarily postponed until the launch of AQHA's database upgrade. Learn more about the database upgrade.
- October 24, 2012 – Part 1 in a series of Straight Talk video blogs on the AQHA leveling program. You can submit questions for Patti on this topic by visiting the AQHA Facebook page.
Straight Talk Archive
- March 12, 2012 – Get the inside scoop on AQHA shows with Straight Talk, a new blog from AQHA Executive Director of Shows Patti Carter-Pratt.
- March 23, 2012 – AQHA Director of Shows and Professional Horsemen Patti Carter recaps the Silver Dollar Circuit in Las Vegas, the second AQHA leveling program test show.
- April 4, 2012 – AQHA is improving its communication with show managers to create better show experiences for members.
- May 8, 2012 – Times are busy as the AQHA Competition Department prepares for the inaugural AQHA Novice championship shows.
- June 19, 2012 – The first year of AQHA Rookie classes has been a hit.
- July 26, 2012 – Now this is how you put on an AQHA Regional Championship!
- August 2, 2012 – What’s the difference between Rookie classes and AQHA Justin Rookie of the Year?
- July 12, 2013 – Find out how focus groups and surveys conducted across the show industry will help direct the next step of the AQHA leveling program.