AQHA members have the opportunity to shape the world’s largest equine association.
December 13, 2016
AQHA wants to hear any suggestions you have to make AQHA membership, programs and services reach their fullest potential.
At AQHA, we know that our members are vital to the Association and have been influential in shaping the organization since its founding in 1940. The opportunity to propose new rules or changes allows members to voice their ideas and help continue to improve AQHA.
If you are an AQHA member, you can submit a suggestion for a rule change for the AQHA Official Handbook. All proposals are due by December 31 of each year. During the AQHA convention each spring, member-submitted rule changes and suggestions are reviewed.
The 2017 AQHA Convention March 17-20 at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio.
Do you want to submit a rule-change proposal?
AQHA asks members to take the following steps when writing a proposal:
- Download a rule-change proposal form.
- Define the problem and develop as many possible solutions as you can by asking others for input.
- Choose one possible solution that appears to be the most appropriate and that fits the mission and goals of AQHA.
- Determine if any other rules would be affected if your proposal is adopted, and specify the rule numbers.
- Submit proper wording for a proposed rule change by typing or neatly printing the exact wording being proposed. If you propose changes to existing language, strike through the words you propose to delete. Type in bold and italics the words you propose to add.
All proposals must be received by December 31 for consideration at the next AQHA convention. Download a rule-change proposal form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the appropriate department at:
ATTN: (Committee Name)
P.O. Box 200
Amarillo, TX 79168
Thank you for the efforts you make to help make your American Quarter Horse Association even better.
Learn the many reasons you should be a member of the world’s largest equine breed registry. Join AQHA today!